Pages

15 October 2010

The 'to-hell-with-the-diet' chocolate fudge


I don't diet. I can never stick to one but I've been trying since the past few days. Today however my diet was shot to hell when mom asked me to help her make chocolate fudge.

Before you set out to make this, do note that this requires a lot of hard work especially in stirring the fudge as it thickens and begins to harden. So, roll up those sleeves, tie up your hair and get cracking.

Ingredients

1 cup khova

1 cup sugar

1 cup fresh breadcrumbs

2 tbsp cocoa powder

chopped nuts

Method

Mix all the ingredients together except the nuts and cook on a medium flame till it starts leaving the sides. This takes at least half an hour so be prepared to stir, stir and stir. Add the chopped nuts and mix well. Scrape out into a greased tin and let it cool and set for sometime.



Let it set for sometime, cut into pieces and watch it disappear.



Credit for this recipe goes to my cousin Fathima. Sorry I forgot to mention this earlier on. Thanks Fathima for this fabulous recipe which has become a family favourite since then!
 

3 comments:

  1. hey isnt this my recipe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fathima - Hey yes, this is your recipe! Sorry I forgot to give you credit! :-)) Will rectify it right away...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you have an award over here: http://afleetingglimpse.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/sba/
    check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!